Ways to Give
Gifts of Cash
- Cash & Checks - payable to the UNG Foundation - Dahlonega, Inc. (mail to: UNG Foundation-Dahlonega, Inc., P. O. Box 1599, Dahlonega, GA 30533) or the UNG Foundation-Gainesville, Inc. (mail to: UNG Foundation-Gainesville, Inc. P.O. Box 1358, Gainesville, GA 30503-1358).
- Credit Cards - Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express - click here to donate now online, or call the Development Office at 706-867-2873
This is the simplest way to give, and it has specific tax benefits to the donor. You can deduct a cash gift for income tax purposes only in the year in which you contribute it. A pledge or promissory note is not deductible until it is paid. Cash gifts are deductible up to 50% of your adjusted gross income for the taxable year. Any excess is deductible over the next five years.
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
- Securities held in a brokerage account may easily be electronically transferred to the UNG Foundation- Dahlonega, Inc. or the UNG Foundation - Gainesville, Inc. Call the Development Office at 706-867-2873 for stock transfer instructions.
- Donors may also transfer ownership of stocks held in certificate form. Please do not sign the back of the stock certificates. Instead, send the unsigned certificate and signed stock power in separate envelopes. Call the Development Office for more information.
- Make sure to notify the Development Office of your intention to transfer stock, so we can track the transactions and credit your gift properly. Stock gifts are valued at the mean value of the shares on the day the stock is transferred, or on the day the stock certificate is received.
If you contribute long-term appreciated securities to UNG Foundation-Dahlonega, Inc. or UNG Foundation-Gainesville, INc. you get a two-fold tax benefit: a charitable deduction for the full present fair market value, and no tax on capital gains. The limit on deductibility for these gifts in any one tax year is 30% of your adjusted gross income; any excess is deductible over the next five years.
Gifts of Tangible Personal Property
An art object, prized collection, or antiques - gifts of such tangible personal property are subject to special IRS rules, depending on whether the donated items are related to the university's exempt function. Contact the Perry Roberts, AVP for Development at 678-717-3851 for more information.
Gifts of Real Estate
The UNG Foundation -Dahlonega, Inc. and the UNG Foundation-Gainesville, Inc. have specific gift acceptance policies regarding gifts of real estate. Contact the Foundation at 706-867-2873 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange gifts of real estate.
Planned or Deferred Gifts (wills/bequests, charitable trusts, life insurance policies, etc.)
These gifts of significant assets allow many donors to make the gift of a lifetime, and may provide significant tax advantages for the donor and for the donor's estate. Click here for more information.
Click here to donate now online!